This regulated and nationally recognised qualification provides learners with the knowledge, understanding and skills required to prepare them for teaching in a wide range of contexts.
The QA Level 3 Award in Education and Training (RQF) is intended for aspiring and current teachers and trainers from a wide range of learning environments, (e.g. further education (FE) colleges, independent training organisations or local authorities) to achieve accreditation and enable high-quality course delivery, regardless of subject area.
Over the course period, learners will build an understanding of the specific roles and responsibilities related to planning and delivering inclusive training sessions.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding roles, responsibilities, and relationships in education and training.
- Understanding and Using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training.
- Understanding assessment in education and training.
For a more detailed overview of the topics covered, please download the Qualification Specification.
This course consists of four days of theory and practical exercises in Education and Training.
During the first two days, learners will benefit from online classroom-based training, followed by a two-week preparation period including one to one support.
The final two days involve individual practical micro-teach sessions and observations. The course is delivered by highly qualified trainer-assessors to give you the best possible teaching and learning experience.
Learners are required to
- Take part in microteaching*
- Complete a session plan
- Complete coursework (via completion of workbook questions)
*Micro-teaching is an activity where Learners prepare and deliver a short teaching and learning session to their peers and then evaluate their practice.
Things to consider before applying
- Learners must be at least 19 years old on the first day of the training.
- We advise that learners consider a subject for delivery and hold the relevant qualifications and/or experience in their chosen area of expertise to be able to deliver it.
It is recommended all learners undertake an initial assessment. We advise that learners have a minimum of Level 2 in English. If learners do not meet this requirement they must record their development needs and agree on an action plan to address them.
Upon confirming your place on a AET course you will be sent a **FREE** learner pack which will include this complimentary course guide, workbook, and manual.
Not only will this book provide you with invaluable support, including interactive exercises, whilst in the classroom but it can also be used upon completing your course as a toolkit that will guide you in wide-ranging contexts where mental health and wellbeing support is required.